Why should I apply?
To choose to be the leader of an organization that works in public benefit for a certain cause is a valuable option. Organizations defending the democratic values in Bulgaria, as well as in Europe, are facing increasing challenges related to the crisis in the welfare state, shrinking space for civil society and the growing radicalization of ever wider layers of the population. The leaders of civil society organizations need extensive and in-depth preparation in order to develop their skills in strategic thinking and planning, fundraising for causes and involvement of citizens/communities in the work of their organizations.
From the beginning of January 2019 onwards, Workshop for Civic Initiatives Foundation (WCIF), as part of the Active Citizens’ Fund operator, launches the implementation of an initiative that would provide support for the development of individual capacities of 60 young civil society leaders in Bulgaria over the next six years. Participants in the project will get access to training and ongoing support from mentors who are renown leaders of national non-governmental organizations, journalists, marketing and PR specialists, fundraisers and lawyers.
The initiative contributes to the achievement of Active Citizens Fund objectives by improving the capacity and sustainability of civic organizations.
How to apply?
1. Read the application instructions
2. Prepare your application documents package:
- Application form (sample attaches)
- CV Europass format;
- Copy of your higher education diploma;
- Document/s, certifying the professional experience in a civic organization (copy of employment record, civil contract, management contract, etc.);
- Declaration /sample/ for informed consent relating to the initiative - Building the Next Generation Civic Leaders.
- Optional – document/s certifying proficiency in English language and/or experience in project management.
3. All a. m. documents should be sent to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th March 2019.
How would I know if I am approved?
The trainees will be selected by WCIF staff on the basis of:
1. Compliance with formal criteria for participation via review of presented documents;
2. Evaluation of the motivation of the applicants to develop their careers in the NGO sector;
3. Preference will be given to candidates that are proficient in English language, have experience in project management, works for an NGO from a disadvantaged geographical region/or an NGO established by representatives of vulnerable groups.
Candidates will be informed of the results of their application by 22th of April 2019.